Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Sow Farm Manager would be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of a high health reproductive sow farm.
- With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological advances, sow farm managers are responsible for the care of pigs and team members at their designated farm.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing sow farm team.
- Managing operating costs of sow farm.
- Implementing processes to reach production goals.
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- The opportunity would lie within Nebraska.
- Ability to lead a team and promote a culture of integrity.
- Minimum of 1-3 years leadership experience in reproduction.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.