Full Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans guestrooms, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways.
- Sorts, counts, fold, marks, and carries linens.
- Cleans hotel according to franchise standards and within required timeframes to include but not limited to: making beds; dusting furniture; washing walls, ceiling, and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floor; washing windows, door panels, and sills; emptying wastebaskets, and emptying and cleaning ashtrays; cleaning and vacuuming rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies; and cleaning the bathroom sink, toilet and tubs/showers stalls.
- Replenishes supplies such as bathroom necessities, drinking glasses, coffee, tea and writing supplies.
- Moves furniture, hangs drapes, replaces pillows and rolls carpets to ensure compliance with franchise requirements.
- Transports trash and waste to the disposal area.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Stocks, organizes, and maintains housekeeping carts and equipment.
- Greet guests in a warm, friendly manner.
- Ensures key control and security policies to maintain the guests privacy and security of personal belongings when working in guestrooms.
- Use all brand specific materials, chemicals and tools safely to avoid injury, waste, unnecessary damage or accidents.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat from hot water.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person