Provides process control support for ethanol plant operations and capital projects. Responsible for developing the technical deliverables required for all Valero Renewables process control systems including process control hardware and software, controller logic, human machine interfaces (HMI), cyber security compliance, and business wide process data acquisition. Frequently leads or assists in developing control system specifications, P&IDs, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control narratives, alarm documentation/ rationalization, cyber security controls, and instrument specifications. Guides the development, monitoring, and reporting on the management and maintenance of the VRF process control network.
- Supports Honeywell Experion DCS, Schneider Electric Foxboro DCS, Emerson Delta V DCS, Siemens PCS 7 DCS, and Allen-Bradley PLC’s at various Ethanol plants.
- Creates standards and policies related to all aspects of the control system platform; these include, but are not limited to DCS, PLC, SIS, control logic programming, data acquisition, HMI development, cyber security and alarm management.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with standards and practices.
- Develops project plans and works collaboratively with Plant and Process Engineers, IS and other staff members to achieve project and business unit goals.
- Acts as a liaison between Valero Renewables and Valero I/S, suppliers, and contractors.
- Works with site Engineers to maintain and modify existing control systems during normal operations and during scheduled plant outages.
- Provides process control troubleshooting expertise to the daily operations of the ethanol plants.
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), HAZOP, and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) activities at the corporate and plant level.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on the management and maintenance of plant instrumentation driving compliance with PSM and best practices.
- Supports the implementation and utilization of an enterprise wide process data acquisition and analysis tool (OSIsoft PI).
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher level degree) in Engineering required.
- Minimum of five years engineering experience required.
- Experience in ethanol production, chemical processing, or oil refining preferred.
- Experience with successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases preferred.
- Experience with a business wide process data acquisition preferred.
Relocation assistance is available.
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.