Website Applied Connective Technologies
Innovative solutions. Professional service.
Job Title: General Accountant
Classification: Full-Time Employee
Days/Hours Per Week: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Start Date: Immediate
JOIN A DYNAMIC LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED TECHNOLOGY GROUP AS A GENERAL ACCOUNTANT!
Headquartered in Albion, NE, with a satellite office in Columbus, Applied Connective provides innovative communication, surveillance, security, and technical solutions to a growing list of commercial clients throughout the region, and this rapid growth necessitates bringing new talent onto our team.
Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated, hardworking, and detail-oriented candidate to take on a key role as a General Accountant.
This will be a full-time position with standard hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
As a General Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing and recording accounts payable transactions and ensure all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with policy and procedure
- Processing and recording revenue and receivables
- Approval and processing of invoices
- Assisting the Operations Officer and management with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations, including budget review and analysis
- Assist with various administrative duties as required
- Performing general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, credit card statements, petty cash, PayPal, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, and accruals
- Performing general payroll functions and required reporting
- Oversight of time-tracking application (approvals handled by others)
- Perform end-of-year reporting – W2/1099
- Facilitate workers’ compensation audits
- Perform monthly and quarterly payroll deposits and reporting
- Perform sales and use tax remittance and reporting
- Preparing and analyzing the monthly budget/forecast to actual and provide variance reporting
- Assisting in preparation of financial reports, such as financial statements, budget performance
- Monitoring and collecting data to assess accuracy and integrity, ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, and regulations
Qualified applicants must:
- Be self-motivated, efficient, hardworking, detail-oriented, and extremely reliable
- Promptly answer email, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Be proficient in typing, keyboard shortcuts, and PC navigation as well as in creating spreadsheets and presentations when necessary
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills, particularly:
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting internal and external communications, regulations and systems of internal control
- On-the-spot problem solving
- Writing detailed reports
- Communicating proper procedures
- Effectively presenting information
- Responding to questions from clients, customers, and colleagues
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct themselves in a professional and friendly manner
Qualified applicants should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software and products. Prior experience with Quickbooks software is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and a list of references to email@example.com, and we will promptly review your submission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org